Are you an online merchandiser selling products online? One of the advantages of buying online is its anonymity, which is the main cause of fraudulent activities. If you have been selling online for a while, you might have faced already some online fraud when customers try to use the stolen credit card numbers or commit purchases using the other person's name. This often results in huge losses for a merchant you get refunds and chargebacks for those illegal sales. In order for your online business to survive you must ensure that you have a good anti-fraud system working tirelessly for you screening and identifying fraudulent orders, this way you can protect yourself by refunding the payments earlier than a customer fills a claim at a bank and this way protect yourself from getting a chargeback.
Making money on the internet is easy provided you have a good anti fraud technique. Whether you are already doing business online or are just starting out make sure to use these tips to identify suspicious customers behavior. This will save you not only a lot of money, your business reputation, but also a lot of headache with your credit card processing company.
1. You can get a solution for the anti fraud from the internet itself by checking for the list of stolen credit cards or new credit card numbers.
2. Visa and Master card has developed a new system called 3D Secure payments. It is known as Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode. These systems impose an additional security level where customers have to enter an additional their selected password during the purchase. When you use 3D Secure payments you get protected from around 60% of the most popular chargebacks with a reason I did not authorize this payment or I didn't do it.
3. Call the number that customer provides when ordering your product. Online scammers usually provide bogus/not working phone numbers.
4. Take precaution if the shipping address and the billing address varies. Make sure to call the customer before shipping your item to identify if it is a legitimate order.
5. Look out for strange orders that order in bulk which is usually not common. Especially if the order's amount is huge. Fraudsters usually try to spend as much money as possible to get the most of the orders.
6. Collect all the available data like the address, credit card holder's bank information or the telephone number of the customer before proceeding with the business, as this information will be helpful to file a case if you get scammed.
Most of the times online fraudsters use stolen credit cards to purchase online. This will not be revealed until the transaction completes. It is a misconception that when you swipe the credit card into the swipe terminal all the information gets verified. It does not. Therefore an anti fraud system is a must for online businesses. Many transactions take place during the day and sometimes multiple transactions take place at the same time. It is difficult to verify each transaction credit card details without an antifraud service.
You have 2 ways: either screen and monitor all online orders yourself or simply use a payment processing system that not only allows you to process credit cards online, but in addition to this screens and monitors all orders for you. One of such payment processors is Click2Sell.EU (www.click2sell.eu) company. They allow you to process card payments online and automatically monitors all the orders and helps you prevent fraud, so you don't have to do anything manually.
There have been many reported cases of people losing millions of dollars in online business. Therefore, an anti fraud system is a basic requirement for an online business because no one wants to lose their hard earned money in fake transactions. So make sure you have a good anti-fraud system in place when starting your online business.